BLOG

domingo, 31 de julio de 2011

The British magician Barry Allen said "Bobo would have been proud of you"

Hi Marcelo,

Just a quick PM of my personal thanks for you.

I've recently turned professional here in England - I'm 47yo and have been performing magic on a semi-pro basis since I was 14. Having taken early redundancy from Royal Mail, I'm now in the happy position of being able to take up magic full time - something that I've wanted to do for many years!

I have also just sold an entire room of magic books, props, etc. - a collection spanning 33 years - including some very rare items that were owned by Ken Brooke. Basically, I would never have got around to using them or reading 350 books! My rationale for this being that as I've turned pro, to retain as little as possible to distract me and just focus upon doing a few effects exceptionally well.

So what am I left with? One small case of workable magic that now earns me a living. And I have to say, that the majority of items in my case are Tango Products. Having always had an interest particularly in coin magic, I have to say that your coin range is truly unbeatable in respect of manufacture, quality and price. I'm also really pleased with the production of your DVD's - The Tangopedia is exceptional but so are the DVD instructions for the T.U.C. and the Kartis Bill change. Speaking of which, I totally disagree with the comments made on here about the Kartis trick - don't these guys like to practice? It's an ideal opening effect at a table - and WHY do they really want to waste time handing out props for inspection? To my mind, the Kartis method is quick, easy and looks as close to real magic as you will get.

So there you go - just a big thank you. I've got 2 versions of TUC, folders, hopping halves, copper/silvers, shells, etc. and I'm now getting these in Euro coins as well for when I work in Europe - as in England, we still haven't come into the 21st Century and still have pounds and pence! I'm looking at getting a flipper this week and also interested in the Kartis Okito - which I guess you'd recommend?

Take care my friend - many thanks & congratulations on producing the best coins in magic - and enabling me to use this to put bread on the table for my family. Always remember Marcelo, that for some of us you aren't just producing toys, you are producing the tools that enable us to earn our livelihoods - and to this end, I really can't thank you enough!

Bobo would have been proud of you.


Magically yours,

Barry Allen

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario